Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

19 February, 2009

Glad to be Home Again!

Well, as most of you know, I have been in the hospital. I woke up Saturday morning, nauseous as usual, took some meds and fell asleep in my chair. When I awoke, I got up to let the dogs out, and my legs felt so weak, and I felt like I was going to pass out. I went to the bathroom and I honestly did not think I was going to make it back to my chair, or anywhere for that matter. All I could think about was falling and hitting my head, and Jimmy or Meggie finding me later!

Well, I just prayed all the way back to my chair and grabbed my thermometer on the way. (Krista and Caden had been with me the last few days and they had been running a fever, and I felt like I was). I called Jimmy to call Meggie and ask her to come over. She came over and helped me into bed. Took my temperature again and it was 101. something! She got my electric throw out coz I was having chills, and put it on me. I was so cold. I had just started a new sleeping pill and I was afraid that I was having an allergic reaction to it. But it had helped me sleep, and the kids had had fever, so I didn't really think that was it.

Then Meggie called the doctor, and they told her to bring me to the clinic. She called Jimmy and he was going to meet us there. She went home to get dressed and I tried to get up but I couldn't. I had bed head, I needed to brush my teeth and go to the bathroom, gather my medicines for them to see what I was taking, etc.! But, I couldn't get up. My knees felt like they were locked and the pain was so intense, like a vice grip was around them. I worried how I was going to get in the vehicle, but somehow Meggie got me in the car. I should have sat in the back coz having my legs down hurt worse. But I knew there was no use stopping and trying. The pain intensified the further we went. It never let up. By the time we got to the clinic, I couldn't hardly move. Jimmy had to practically lift me into the wheel chair. I was miserable, and a miserable sight. The clinic sent me over to Seton Northwest Emergency and it seemed to take so long to get some relief, but that's the way it goes, isn't it? Finally, they gave me something and the pain went away. My legs were so sore though. I thought it was over, but they wanted to admit me. Man, I hated that. But it scared me coz I didn't want to be an hour away again and have that kind of pain. I thought I was being paralyzed. And in just a little bit, the pain did come back, so I'm glad I stayed!

My doc, the Rheumatologist had just changed medicines on me, and changed the dosage of prednisone to lower, but then the admitting doc at the hospital wanted to up it, and suggested I do intravenous steroids. I wasn't sure what to do. So, Jimmy called the Rheumatologist and she came to see me at the hospital. I had just had blood tests on the 12, and she told me that it did not support any findings that my muscles should be that weak. I listened to her. She's smart and she knows my history. And she knows how all of this is making me feel; the shakiness, nervousness, moodiness, etc.! She thinks the no sleep factor had a lot to do with my spiraling down. And that I got fybromaligia in the process too. I believe that. So she suggested I stay another night and get my pain under control and try to get some rest. The admitting doctor was a good doctor too, he actually apologized after talking with my Rheumatologist for not realizing all the different things that have been going on with me and this disease and the medications. That takes a big person, especially a doctor to apologize. I was thankful to have him too.

So I finally got to come home Wednesday morning, I stayed 5 days in there.

I'm better, but my legs are still bothering me. And all the other stuff, but I am able to sleep with the new medication. Thank you Lord Jesus! I'm bruised up all over from the IV's, but I'm just so glad to be home! Thank you dear friends for praying for me. Thanks to Sue and Victory Baptist Church for the beautiful flowers! Ya'll keep Joshua in your prayers please, I'd appreciate it!

Blessings to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!