Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

23 February, 2009

Just piddling!

I haven't written in a while. I started the new medicine to help me get off the prednisone hopefully, by the end of this week. It's amazing how good I feel. I'm still a little shaky in the evenings and a little nauseated but for the most part that's just about gone. I don't have much energy though. None, like I used to have.
But I'll take this over the sicky feeling any day!

I have been busy organizing the 'Kindred Sisters Gathering' at our Church. I am so excited! The Lord has really put things on my heart for this year. There are many ladies involved and I am excited about that and I'm so glad people have answered yes to this call of service. Our Speakers this year are again AWESOME! I pray I've listened to the Lord's direction on things. I know I didn't in one area and chose to do my own thing, but He saw to that and has already taken care of it, HIS way!

I'm so glad I feel better so that I can get some things done for this day. I just pray I won't be shaky and sicky throughout that day. Pray for me please.

Meg's been bothered with bad allergies lately. She seems to really love her job and her happiness is shining through. I sure thank the Case's for their love for her. It has been healing for her. And speaking of the Case's, Pops and Lola both, we're thinking of ya'll. Hope you are both better soon!

If any of you would like to write Joshua, his address is going to be put in the bulletin at Church or contact me via email or at Church. I'd sure appreciate it if you would send him cards or little notes. I know he's probably already homesick. Or maybe not, but it will still make him feel good to get a note of cheer. And I'm going to try to get a list of the other men who are there and we can put them on the prayer list and maybe see to it that they get cards too. Roloff is a godsend to many people, men and women. Brother Roloff thought of these homes a long time ago and I'm amazed at their ability to do what they do. His legacy lives on.

I've heard from Joshua once. He called me in the hospital. Normally, you get one phone call when you get there and then none for a while, and then you can start calling every week or so. Something like that. He can accept letters and cards, but they will read them, not that I'd think anyone would put something bad in a card, but just to let you know.

I'm so proud of him for making the decision to go. I don't want to see him live down there really, but he has to make his own choices. I don't think he could live here again for a while. Too much temptation. I know temptation is everywhere, but when it comes to old friends and old ways, this place is no good for him. It's playing with fire. So until he is sure and ready, we'll visit him there for as long as we have to. I'm just so thankful for Roloff and People's Baptist Church. I know they made him feel like family before. He will have great support!

Well, tomorrow is Jimmy's birthday! He'll be 53! And you know, he still looks the same. Exact the hair. But other than the hair, it makes me mad how he hasn't changed. To me, I don't even look the same. So, I'll be baking 'Jimmy's Birthday Cake' tomorrow. It's a special cake I found on the side of a cake box a long time ago. I shouldn't be giving it to him with his diabetes and all, but it is his birthday so, I will anyway.

I've just piddled around today. Worked on the Gathering, and wrote letters and cards out to send out tomorrow. I had a special prayer time this morning. I just kept writing and writing. It's the first time I've been on the porch in the mornings in weeks. It's been so cold out, but I decided I had to be outside this morning. So I took the electric heater and my electric throw out and snuggled up. I loved watching the birds and spending time with my God.

I was thinking of the Parks'. They went on a cruise. I hope they're having fun. They went with some friends so you know that had to be fun. They tickle me. I wonder what they did with their babies (dogs)? I meant to ask her. They probably took them with them. Ha! I wish I wasn't afraid of water like I am.

I heard that a good friend of mine's son was in a car wreck. At first it was bad news, but then I heard different. I'm praying he wasn't hurt. Ms. Charlotte I'm thinking of you and your family!

Well, God's been good to me today and I sure thank Him for it. A totally different week than last week. Maybe this new medicine will do all that's been promised it will do. I pray so. Thank you Jesus, for looking out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!