Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

07 February, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!

I've had such a good day! Nausea has only bothered me a bit, keep your fingers crossed! Jimmy told me last night that he took off today so we could spend some time together and I really appreciated that! Ended up though that we both had to ran errands in the AM, so we split up for a while, but this afternoon we've spent time together and it was fun!

I know ya'll think I'm crazy but it feels so good to feel good! My day used to revolve around a nap! Truthfully! I'm embarrassed by it now, but man, I remember when if I had to make an appointment or go somewhere, it was made around my nap. I had to be home by 1:30pm at least. I was always so tired and didn't feel good! It felt so good today to be coming home and I felt elated to get there! Not tired and rushed and blah feeling! Did I tell you that I don't have to take high blood pressure medication anymore? I think my blood pressure was up coz I was always in pain.

Anyway, when I got home, I went right to work on a couple of projects and Jimmy surprised me by going and putting up my Christmas present, a 10 laying chicken coop, up! I was so excited!
Am I country or what? Now, I have all my hens in two separate pens. One has a 3 laying coop and the other the 10, but I only have 8 hens, so I need to get some more. And they're laying! Yeah! There's nothing funnier than looking for eggs! I gave the Case's and 18 pack the other night. They were so little, but hens aren't all the way grown yet.

I just love our place, 'Twelve Acres', it's really 11.9, but that don't sound good! It's just so us! Jimmy always compliments me that I have made it a home! I know God gave me some talent and I love to sit among simple, country things! But to me their beautiful!

Which got me to thinking about Philippians 4;8 again! 'Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things'! Thank you Lord for that verse! How can I not be happy if I just do this?

See, I see God in all these little projects I do. I'm making things beautiful that he's given me, okay maybe just beautiful to me, but still. When I make flowers for the Church or I decorate, I'm thinking I want to make Jesus' House beautiful! I think I'm somewhat of a perfectionist even if others might not think it's pretty. If something if off center, or out of place, it'll drive me nuts till I fix it. You should see how I feel sometimes when I look at the flowers at the Church. If they're messed up in my mind, it takes all I've got to not go up there during the preaching hour to fix it. Boy, wouldn't that be a hoot?

And I've filled spaces in the house and out with sweet memories! Like the many things Jimmy has given me, too many to put down, (red couch and chair), sweet dishes! Or like Daddy's rock garden or Moma's chair and picture of Jesus, Or Papa Shaw's little cup and bowl with 'Mary had a little lamb' on it, or Meme's special, beautiful quilts! I have special memento's of my brothers and sisters who have died that I treasure, even if I don't have those sitting out. And I keep adding...for Christmas Sue gave us money and I redid our bedroom, and I am reminded of her and Brother Kropp, bless his heart! Or Ms Oleta gave me Brother's Tom's parents old pie safe and it is gorgeous and there too I'm reminded of dear loved ones whom have gone home to be with the Lord, but I got a little piece of them with me! Not just things, you know what I mean! And of course pictures of the Fam and special gifts from my Sisola Nick (roosters), or friends Lizzy (favorite, Rooster & Chicken Box) and Brandy! And all the little trinkets from the kids through the years. I even have flowers that the kids gave me the first time in little envelopes or Meggie's first flowers from a boy in kindergarten!

I know I can't take these things with me and I won't need to but I like to surround myself with 'lovely' things and to me these things are lovely. And maybe one day Meggie will treasure them as I do and it will make her heart glad, or my daughter in law, if I ever get one! So, I take pleasure in these simple, inexpensive things that God has blessed me with! And while I know my home is in Heaven, and I treasure that above all, while I'm here on earth, There's No Place Like Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!