Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

01 February, 2009

A Spirit Filled Church

Victory Baptist was filled with the Spirit tonight. I'm not saying that it isn't usually, but tonight was extra special. Brother Wiggins was powerful and the most compassionate I've seen him. Our Lord is blessing us with this Pastor and his wife, Ms. Donya and their children. The feeling was indescribable! I should say is indescribable becoz the 'feeling' is still there.

I have been praying for the Pastor and his family, and really trying to encourage him/them instead of discourage, which I think I might have been doing. The transition was a little bit hard. I found myself comparing the 'old' with the 'new', but I must tell you that there will be no more comparing. In actuality there is no comparison! I see a God filled man ready and willing to do the will of God. I see compassion and a yearning to please our Father in Heaven and a direction that our Church has needed for a good while.

I feel closer to each member and I love them like family. In some ways I'm closer to them than my own blood family. It's so special, edifying and uplifting. The care and concern we are gaining for one another is incredible. Bonds are created and being created that are so strong. Our bond in the Lamb of God, our Sacrifice, is great. Thank you sweet Jesus, Lord of Lords!
Our victory has already been claimed!

Tonight, I am reminded of one of my favorite Scriptures from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; 'Two are better than one; because the have a good reward for their labour. For they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat; but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken'.

My heart has been so burdened the last few weeks with physical ailments and stressful situations. I've been trying so hard to put all my trust in my Lord and Saviour and I thank Him that He's been with me through it all, but tonight my burdens were actually lifted there at the sacred altar! I feel renewed, refreshed and rejuvenated!

I pray my Jesus, that I will never, never move from you! I pray that I will stay close to you so that You may be able to stay close to me. John 15:4; Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me'. How special I feel to have gone through this so intimate and personal experience tonight with my husband, Jimmy, and my daughter, Meghann right there with me. It hurts that Joshua cannot feel this 'high', but I believe and trust that it is just a matter of time. The Lord loves him also and so many people are praying for him!

Thank you Brother Wiggins for your prayer over my family and the many other families that came forth tonight. Thank you for caring and for following the compassionate and loving ways of Jesus Christ. I thank you for loving Him the way you do and for serving Him. May God continue to bless you and your family and all the members of Victory Baptist Church, and all that we each come into contact with!

John 5:16; 'Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven'. I give all honour and praise to you Heavenly Father. Thank you for loving me and giving me the gift of salvation and eternal life!

1 comment:

  1. Rach,

    Thanks so much for the awesome CD and letter that you left for me. You were very right, I bawled like a baby on the first song! Didn't have a tissue one in my truck this morning! Thank you for your encouraging words and the uplifting scripture that you gave me...it truely helped! I thank God for having such a sweet and special friend! Love you! ...Lizzy

    ReplyDelete

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!