Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

18 March, 2009

The Birds Are Still Singing!

I awoke tired and out of sorts this morning. I haven't been feeling all that well. I went out on the porch for my prayer time and the birds were like a choir. It reminded me of the sermon from Brother J.D. Weido, 'The birds are still singing'! A wonderful sermon!

We had the Kindred Sisters Gathering this past Saturday and I felt so blessed to be a part of it! The room was so beautiful, thanks to Ms. Willie Jo Anderson and Ms. Sande Powell. It always is though. Again, I could not keep on a schedule...sorry ladies. But it was all in God's timing! Our speakers did a wonderful job too. My heart was sure heavy for some of them. Ms. Hough's testimony was very interesting! She's seen a lot of good preachers in her day. She encouraged me to stay faithful! Miss Beckey's was encouraging too. She is one smart lady about the Bible. She sure has knowledge! Ms. Vickie's was so honest and it was very uplifting. Ms. Jodi's was heartfelt and heartbreaking and encouraging! I can't thank these ladies enough for speaking. They blessed my heart and I'm sure many others.

I was very encouraged that the women stayed throughout the day, even though we ran over time. Our 'Knell at the Cross' ceremony was so encouraging to me. Laying our burdens down at the Cross and leaving them was one of the best things for me and I hope it was for everyone else. I could not have done this without the Prayer Team; Misty Lewis, Gail Jennings, Lue Harden, Sherry McAnally!!! Thank you so much ladies! We worked hard, didn't we?

I pray that the 'Knell at the Cross' was a time of reflection for the all the ladies to repent of sins and to lay their burdens down and actually leave them there. Just to let you know...the bags were burned as soon as I got home!

I pray that what I really wanted to say at the Closing, came across. Giving Christ the preeminence in our lives, and showing others that we are His Body, His Hands, His Feet, His Eyes here on earth.

Next year, I look for even greater things to happen. I'm wanting others to take charge of the 'Closing', the 'Knell at the Cross', the 'Prayer Team', and other things. I need a committee and organization. This is not my Gathering, but all the ladies. Or that's the way I'd like it. The Lord laid it on my heart 4 years ago to do this. It was something I needed and felt the Church did too. I'm just so blessed that others want to be involved. So get ready ladies for next time!

I have so much to be thankful for and I am thankful but I have no energy now, and I just feel blah. I fell twice last week. I don't know if it's becoz I'm just ditzy or what, but I still fell, so I guess it doesn't matter as to why. My back has been hurting, and I know falling didn't help it any. I go tomorrow to the eye doctor, they're finally getting somewhat better, then for my back I go for a massage, and then I have to go give blood for my doctor visit next week. I try not to complain too much, but I really wish I felt better! There's so many things I want and need to do. Get the book store in order at Church, put in that library I keep talking about, things around the house. Now, I'm just back to doing the basics again. If you only knew how much it takes out of me to do anything. But praise God, I can still do some things!

I miss Joshua. I pray he's doing well. He doesn't get to call regularly yet, but he gets to call Brother Wiggins on Tuesday's so we usually hear about him through him. We can write and he can, though he's not much on writing. I pray with all my heart that he's healing from all the old bad stuff. I pray that God will work compassion in his heart and a strong will for the Lord's work. Ya'll keep him in your prayers please!

Well, even with not feeling well physically...I have hope...I have God's mercy on me. The Birds Are Still Singing...Thank You Lord God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!