Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

14 January, 2009

My life seems to be full of peaks and valley's. I'm always praying that the Lord will bless me in the valley's to remember that He is there too! The God on the mountain is still God in the valley!!!

I slept like a baby last night. I don't remember ever feeling so good about sleep before as I did when I awoke this morning! I started with the sleeping pill last night, which is part of the regimen from the doctor for this autoimmune disease!

I also started with the steroids today. It's awful. Already I'm doubting! It's not even 4PM yet and I'm wishing I didn't have to do it. Yesterday, I was so positive and I said I'd do what it takes, but at this moment, I ain't feeling it! To top it off, I have a sinus infection!

And, get this! I cannot take a nap! Me ... the nap lady! Me, whom if I don't get a nap, you don't want to be around me. I like to curl up with a good book at around 2pm and fall asleep for an hour or so! But nooooo! This medicine is making my heart race to where I can hear it and feel it! It's driving me nuts and the FIRST day isn't even over with yet! I don't feel good enough to get some stuff done on my to do list and so I find myself bored! I'm hungry too, all things which the doctor explained to me yesterday would happen!

So, I sat down here to talk to myself through this blog! I said, 'SELF, whatcha gonna do'? I'm an ABC kind of person. If there's an answer to a problem, I'm gonna do it, so I just gotta feel all of this out about the medical stuff and let it not overwhelm me!

God is so good, and I need to remember that, above all else. I need to involve myself in other's lives and needs also. It always makes me feel so good to help someone else! Yes, I need to take care of myself too, but sometimes I've got to get my mind of myself!

By the way, a shout out to DottyWotty! Thanks for listening! I love what you wrote about Bailey yesterday! So endearing! She's beautiful! I thank you for your prayers and concern, they truly do mean a lot!

So tomorrow is gonna be a new day. I'm gonna sit right here and make me some plans on how to beat this thing, and how to glorify God in the process. I sure ain't gonna do it by just sitting here, bored and eating my way through the pantry! My whole schedule is gonna have to change. And some of my thought process!

Philippians 4:6-9; 'Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you'.

How absolutely encouraging! Thank you sweet Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!