Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Jimmy & Rach ~ Valentine's Day 2007

Were we young, or what?

Were we young, or what?

Joshua & Meghann

Joshua & Meghann
I've got some good looking kids!

15 January, 2009

This morning I awoke feeling pretty good. I didn't sleep as well as I did the night before, but I feel rested. I decide to make some plum jelly, after prayer time. So I got all the stuff out that I'd need and got it set up. I ate breakfast, took my medication, and got ready for my prayer time.

I went outside with my coffee and my electric blanket throw but it was too cold out there. I came back in and got set up in the den. When I finished, Joshua came by to visit. He ate some venison stew I'd made the other night and we talked a bit. He didn't stay long. My prayers are forever with him. He seems so lost. It hurts my heart! But I know God's working on him!

So, I started making the jelly. Got the juice and the sugar measured. Started washing the jars to put them in to boil and I heard a 'clank', but I ignored it. These jars are tough, so I'm sure it's all right. I put everything on to boil and got it all started. Making jelly always remind me of Aunt Lou in the Seasons Series book by Janette Oke. I enjoy it tremendously.

Everything was going fine. The jelly was ready and I got the jars out and started putting the jelly into them. And all at once I saw liquid everywhere! There was something all over the cabinet. I don't remember having a glass of water on the cabinet, but Joshua was here, so he might have left it. I put my finger to it and to my shock, it's the JELLY! Yikes!!! It was going everywhere! Sticky, HOT jelly! I thought, now how stupid can I get! But I couldn't find the culprit! I looked all around the pot, the dipper even. I looked at the jars and none was coming out of the ones I'd poured up. So I grab another jar and start filling it, just to save the jelly you know, and out it pours onto the cabinet. Apparently I had already filled it once! It had a hole, but it was just a small hole!

It's going everywhere! All on the cabinet, down the cabinets, down the front of the dishwasher, onto the floor! What a mess! Have you ever tried to clean up hot, sticky jelly? It ain't easy. Thankfully, I had Bounty paper towels. I used all of them. Got the old Fantastic out and I finally got it cleaned up, but I lost a jar and half of jelly, dog gone it! So, my cabinets and floors are clean anyway!

But I was thinking. The Lord must really get a kick out of me. At least I'm not boring! I can just hear Jesus telling God, 'hey, she's making jelly today, let's go watch'! I knew when I heard that 'clank' I should investigate. I ignored it! So in choosing to ignore it, I sure made a mess of things.

How many messes in a day do I make in my spiritual life? My heart can get a 'small hole' in it and everything starts dripping out...knowledge, help, love, hope, etc.! I need God all day long, all night long to repair me over and over again! But how many times in a day do I ignore the Holy Spirit nudging me and I choose to ignore it? Many! I pray that He will nudge me, but I sometimes forget to pray that I'll heed to his calling!

And even after all that mess, I feel really good physically. I kind of got a kick out of myself. Maybe that's what the Lord intended. To lighten up! I could have gotten really mad and aggravated but the Lord let me see the humor in it!

The message last night from Brother Wiggins was a blessing! 'What Satan Saw'. I sure hope that ole devil sees me looking to God for everything! I pray that God will see me looking to HIM, (I know HE sees me), and will give me grace in my moments of despair and weakness, and ward off harms and troubles from me. I know HE will! I pray that ole devil knows and sees that I am devoted to God, that I am dependent upon God, that I am diligent in God, and that I am declaring the glory and faithfulness of God! AMEN! The song special, 'He Looked Beyond My Thoughts and Saw My Needs', truly touched my heart also. Last night was just so good!

I'm glad that God is all powerful and can and will fix things in my life. Thank you Lord for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25th Wedding Anniversary!

25th Wedding Anniversary!